Facilitation Skills for Managers
An effective facilitator is someone who can help a group focus and move toward achieving specific
goals. This interactive program is intended for those interested in enhancing their effectiveness
in leading and facilitating team meetings, creating team and organizational excellence through training,
and enhancing their capacity and marketability. Participants will have opportunities to practice
their new skills, receive feedback, and develop an action plan for becoming an excellent facilitator.
As a result of this learning experience participants will be able to:
- Assess their strengths and challenges as a facilitator
- Understand and practice the different types of questions
- Refine their presentation delivery skills
- Plan an upcoming meeting using a meeting planning tool
- Effectively address inappropriate participant behaviors
- Use strategies to handle conflict in meetings
- Facilitate activities and meetings for successful outcomes
- Skills of effective facilitators
- Special functions of the facilitator
- Engaging your participants
- Dealing with problem participants
- The debriefing process
- Guidelines for conducting effective meetings
Managers and others who hold meetings and train employees.
Participants are asked to complete a pre-class questionnaire. This program accommodates up to 12 participants.
Interpersonal Success Skills offerings include:
- Train the Trainer
Assists managers and subject matter experts in understanding adult learning and delivering training to employees.