Coaching Skills for Managers
Organizations today need to develop managers who know how to use on-the-job coaching skills to
increase effectiveness. Coaching is a powerful platform for problem solving, teaching, developing,
and performance improvement. Managers need to know when and how to apply
these skills most effectively in the real world. Mastering these skills will allow them
to move individuals and teams to higher levels of performance.
a result of this learning experience participants will be able to:
- Create accountability for achieving goals
- Focus on priorities and actions
- Build trust through effective communication
- Set stretch goals that accomplish more
- Implement key actions for giving and receiving feedback
- Apply a functional coaching model to everyday work situations
- Become more confident in addressing difficult performance issues
- Defining coaching and the ABC's of change
- Coaching GROW model
- Adapt TM model for adapting behavior
- Insight TM model for development and problem solving
- Powerful listening and questioning
- Structure, agreement, accountability, confidentiality
- Characteristics of a coaching relationship
- Challenges of coaching peers and superiors
- Forwarding the action and acknowledgment
Managers, supervisors, and team leaders.
Participants are asked to complete a pre-class assessment. This program accommodates up to 12 participants.
One and two-day formats available.
Meet Eric Kaufmann
Interpersonal Success Skills offerings include:
- Train the Trainer
Assists managers and subject matter experts in understanding adult learning and delivering training to employees.